Co-living is a modern form of housing where residents share a living space and a set of interests, values and/or intentions. It’s a new take on an old idea, imagined by a millennial generation that values things like openness and collaboration, social media, and the sharing economy. Communal life refers to a group of people living together in a commune. The words communal and commune are related to the word common in the sense of something shared.
What are the benefits of coliving spaces?
- Co-living allows you to live and travel light as most co-living spaces are furnished and have some equipment ready to go.
- Co-living is affordable since you share a place
- Co-living is convenient as you can use all public services and you don’t have to worry about contacting and visiting multiple owners
- Co-living comes with a built-in community that can inspire, motivate and help you be more productive.
- Co-living removes financial responsibility from roommates
- Co-living offers you flexibility as you can come and go as you please
Why community life can make workers more productive?
People who choose to live in a habitable space typically have similar goals, priorities, and work ethic. They are usually very motivated people who can inspire you with their ideas, knowledge and personal experiences. This will certainly motivate you to be more productive and creative.
What is the difference between co-living and co-housing?
Living spaces generally involve a private bedroom and bathroom and common spaces for eating and living. On the other hand, a cohousing or flatshare is generally a number of people sharing a traditional family-style home that has not been directly designed for sharing.
Why is Co-living so popular?
The benefits of living together are countless, but among the most compelling are affordability, convenience, and community. Sharing a home with others is much more affordable than renting a studio or one-bedroom apartment, especially when you factor in additional costs like furniture and utilities.
Is co-living a good idea for you?
Co-living can be a great option for someone who wants to relocate and discover a new city or place and have people around them to instantly share experiences. You can save money on renting a luxury apartment or house with furnishings and amenities and still relocate easily.
Do you want to know more about co-living and our co-living space in El Palmar?
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive notifications and tips for digital nomads and co-living and follow us on Instagram@colivingelpalmar